FREE TO ATTEND! INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS VIRTUAL ROUNDTABLE
Monday, 17 August 2020
14:00-15:00 Singapore Standard Time (SST)
Learning Heads’ Roundtable: Unlocking Potential of Learning Spaces
New schools around the world are taking into greater consideration the importance of learning space design to foster deeper learning among students. These spaces would support collaboration, communication, and creativity more effectively than traditional classrooms.
How are schools in Asia-Pacific building the classrooms of the future? Besides architectural designers, whose inputs are being considered in the learning space design? Space is scarce- So how do we make best use of it to improve learning outcomes?
Key discussion points include:
- Key factors to consider when incorporating innovation in learning spaces
- ROIs: Effect on classroom behavior, costs of implementation, etc.
- Space design, and the integration of furniture and technology
- Integrating pedagogy, physical design and in class engagement
- Hybrid-learning classrooms for better e-learning outcomes
Benjamin James Simpson, High Tech Integrator, International School of Nanshan Shenzhen; Co-Founder, Director, Content Developer, SteamHead.Space; Resident Engineer, High Tech High, CA, United States
Egmond Boon, Head of Creativity and Innovation, Canadian International School, Singapore
Dr. Richard Owens, Director of Learning, Strategy & Innovation, Woodleigh School; Director, Woodleigh Institute, Australia
Nilanjana Saxena, Learning Design & Development, Institute of Higher Learning, Singapore
Watch this webinar on-demand here »